I built my model in scale 1:20. I used model foam sheets, wood sticks, white thread, dowels sharpened with pencil sharpener. At first I was using removable glue dots to ensure right proportions and stability of the frame. Later on I used super glue to make it more rigid. I painted all wood elements with white spray paint.
I imported some of my iPad people drawings on to cad and scaled them to be approx 1650mm high, then I printed them in scale 1:20 and attached to pieces of cardboard.
The process of building this model was not easy. I chose such a complicated shape! I had to research model building materials, tried balsa wood (difficult to cut neat circles without specialist tools) and metal wire for wires (difficult to position without piercing the foam).
I’m happy with my model, despite it being a bit rough around the edges. I can think of two ways my model could have been neater:
1. Creating a 3d version of it in software and the printing it on a 3D printer. This option also wouldn’t inform me how each piece relates to other pieces.
2. Getting specialist model building electric tools and building the whole frame from wood.
Both of these options were outside of my already overstretched budget.